Purley and District Business Expo 2013 25th June
40 plus businesses and free key business topic seminars throughout the day. Develop your business around the Purley area - a great opportunity to meet new clients, customers, partners and businesses at a central venue - United Reform Church, 906 Brighton Rd, Purley, Surrey CR8 2LN
Are YOU planning to exhibit at this exciting new local business Expo? Here are some top tips on marketing compiled by John Leventhall – Business & Marketing Advisor
TOP TIPS ON EXHIBITION MARKETING - 5. Post-event follow-up
Events specialists advise the need to follow up after an event. But simply adding attendees to your email newsletter is not follow-up! Following up means quality not quantity! Staying in touch after the event increases the chance of converting your leads into sales.
The important work really starts after the expo. Follow up all the leads you’ve generated and relevant fellow exhibitors you’ve spoken to.
- Design a ‘Customer Profile’ form for the expo to capture contact details, notes and questions about visitors. Profiles are efficient later and help memory from when you were frazzled towards the end of the expo!
- Make sure you record name, job title and area of interest of prospects and contact information needed to follow up the enquiry. Who and when should you contact at the business in prospect?
- Agree a future appointment on the profile form and make a tear-off strip for the prospect to take away summarising your service and the appointment.
- Rate your leads - follow up the best first.
- Send personal emails, rather than a blanket ‘newsletter’. Invite prospects to stay in touch by asking a question needing response e.g.”Let me know if your business has a McAdam 4010 or a Zippo ZX56?” or “I’m seeking information on the chamferated rotamator of the Zippo Z56. Can you explain it or do you know someone who can?” -Don’t forget, the ‘someone who can’ may be another prospect for you!
- Many sales take months to actively develop. Staying in touch regularly helps maximise long term return from the event.
There are plenty of ways to network to help build valuable business relationships:
Join the Purley Business Association which supports and promotes Purley-based businesses, provides networking opportunities and represents members interests to local government.
Memberships start from just £35 a year to take advantage of great support, and events. Join Here