Strategies for Attention Grabbing!
Purley and District Business Expo 2013 25th June
40 plus businesses and free key business topic seminars throughout the day. Develop your business around the Purley area - a great opportunity to meet new clients, customers, partners and businesses at a central venue - United Reform Church, 906 Brighton Rd, Purley, Surrey CR8 2LN
Are YOU planning to exhibit at this exciting new local business Expo? Here are some top tips on marketing compiled by John Leventhall – Business & Marketing Advisor:
TOP TIPS ON EXHIBITION MARKETING - 3. Strategies for Attention Grabbing!
- Your stand: Convey clarity and confidence. Put merchandise or leaflets and information on proper stands / dispensers not just flat on the table. Creative, quirky tactics to grab people’s attention are good…but stay professional. A competition helps open conversations and entice people to your stand.
- Seize the day: Talk to as many people as possible, learn about their business and take their business card. Networking is a hugely important part of the marketing mix. Networking to forges productive relationships. Exhibitions are about networking with visitors AND other exhibitors. Great advice and potential sales arise unexpectedly …sometimes from competitors! Opening dialogues on all sides of your business works your advantage.
- Get down and Dirty: Standing meekly waiting for people to approach you just isn’t going to cut it. You’ll need to say hello to every passer-by and engage them in conversation.
- Look people in the eye, smile and be friendly
- Ask whether they use your product and their interest in your stand. Ask what they do in their organisations and businesses. Ask 'open questions' e.g. “tell me about… “ “How do you do that…”
- Smart businesses pre-book sales meetings for the day and/or take the opportunity to research. Ask opinions of your brand, products, sales pitch and marketing. You’ll be surprised how much useful stuff you learn from face-to-face research. A quiet corner and a coffee budget can be powerful!
- Don’t embrace technology at the cost of personal service. Adverts and direct mail may involve some intrusion on customers. Not so with exhibitions because customers choose go and to give their attention and are often ready to buy. “People buy from people” so exhibitions are a perfect way to interact face-to-face.
- Get your act together: Shy ,retiring members of your team are not the best people on your stand. You need the person you’re putting out there to be a gregarious, energetic show person!
It’s easy! Visit our website http://www.purleybusinessexpo.co.uk
and you can book online and contact the organisers
To book a stand directly click here http://www.purleybusinessexpo.co.uk/bookastand.aspx
27 May 2013 08:40:00